Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 8

Yesterday I didn't feel well so I went to bed at 8:00pm. I think I let my blood pressure get too low. Yesterday it was 100/60 today it was 117/70 which is what I'm more used to so I have to watch that. I also have a confession to make, I think I eat too much at dinner. Tonight I had a salad, a bowl of cabbage soup and a piece of bread. It really fills me up and to tell the truth I don't like it. I think I should leave the table either comfortable or still a little hungry, not filled up. I will try to do better tomorrow.

3 John is a really short book of the Bible but there was something that really hit me in it. 3 John 1:9-10,12 says: " (9)I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will have nothing to do with us. (10)So if I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, gossiping maliciously about us. Not satisfied with that, he refuses to welcome the brothers. He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the church. (12)Demetrius is well spoken of by everyone-and even by the truth itself. We speak well of him, and you know that our testimony is true.

I keep thinking that if in another 1,000 years a book is written and I'm in it, How would I want to be remembered? Like Diotrephes? No more like Demetrius.

It sounds as though Diotrephes was a Christian and a gossip. I have gossiped, it's not how I want to be remembered. I have said bad things about others, not how I want to be remembered. I desire my kids to rise up and call me blessed someday, I desire for my husband to be able to say he married well, I desire for others in my life to speak well of me.

Father God, help me to see others as you see them. Help me to love like you. When I fall Father help me to learn from it and to start over again. I want to be like you, show me your ways and help me to follow them.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

Prayer: That I don't desire food so much that I overeat at dinner. That I depend on God and nothing else. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment