Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 4

Day 4 - In the Bible David took a census of the people. Now God was not against the taking of census and even commanded it in the book of Numbers.
The problem is that David had the wrong motives for the census, he wanted to survey his kingdom, which at the time was peaceful in order to glory in it's size and potential for military strength. God wanted him to rely on Him and His divine help. In the end David comes to realize his sin and repent but still had to suffer the consequences of his actions.

I bring this up because there is a right way and a wrong way to do most anything, especially in matters of faith and there is a right way and a wrong way to fast . If I fast to bring glory to myself, my motives are wrong. Jesus warned about the way the Pharisee's fasted, bringing glory not to God but to themselves by their outward actions. God said to fast in private. Which brings me to this blog. The question is, it it wrong to blog about this fast? Should I have done it in private? Why am I fasting? For my glorification or God's. I love the Lord with all my heart He is my #1 :) I am also human and prone to sin so I have to be careful. I have to make sure that I am fasting for the right reasons. My #1 desire is to become closer to my #1.

And the reason for this blog? It is for me a prayer tool. I seek your prayers. So if I seek your prayers I should let you know what I need prayers for. I will have a prayer request every day I write on this blog and I ask you to pray.

Please pray for me and Patrick as we take this journey together. Pray for humility, pray for our marriage that we may grow closer to each other and closer to God, pray for God's intervention if our motives become laced with anything that does not honor Him. Thanks!

Father God, in everything I do may I bring glory to you. My desire is to be humble before your throne. I desire to know you and your will for me. I pray for Patrick as he continues with what he started 4 years ago. May this year be a year of insight and growth in his relationship with you.

In Jesus Name and for His glory,
Amen

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying with you on your journey friend ! Love you lot's !

    ReplyDelete