Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 3

I'm writing this early because I have a extracurricular trip tonight and won't be home until late.

Today is harder. I'm hungry and my breath smells. Patrick says it's because all the toxins in my body are being released. It won't last but for the time being I have to stand far away from people when I talk to them. :)

I don't really mind "hard" if it weren't hard where would the sacrifice be?
Christ suffered much for my salvation, I think I can handle this, which doesn't even come close to what He did for me.

I think fasting allows a person to really pursue God. My mind is constantly centered on God because of the constant reminder that I'm not eating. Because it's difficult I become dependent on Him to see me through, just as Jesus was dependent on His Father when He went to the desert.

"Then Jesus was led by the spirit into the desert, to be tempted by the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterwards he was hungry. And the tempter came and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread." But he answered and said, "It is written, "Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:1-4).

"Father God, help me to know you and follow you more closely. May your will for me be the one I follow, may your word be instilled in my heart."

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment