Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 1

HaHa...so funny. Yesterday I ate so much food I was busting at the seams! I was like a prisoner eating my last meal. How ridiculous that I am so attached to food.

Today began my first day of fasting. I started my morning as I usually do reading my Bible and doing my Bible study. I asked God to strengthen me and to help me rely on Him for nourishment.

I drank 100% vegetable juice and orange juice all day. I found that I had to dilute the juice with water or I get an upset stomach, too much acid! I wasn't really hungry all day but I looked forward to a serving of rice and vegetables for dinner.

I got to sit for my grandchild, Peyton today. I do this every Weds so that my daughter Sarah could go to BSF (Bible Study Fellowship). I drove bus afterwards and when I got home I promptly yelled at my kids because the kitchen was messy. Thinking that's not what Jesus would have done.

"Father God, Forgive me my anger. Help me to be more like you. Give me the "vision" to see what it is you would like me to learn from this fast, thank you for your love, even when I am not lovable" In Jesus' Name, Amen

2 comments:

  1. You are strong! I could never even go a whole day without food, if I was surrounded by it! I'm excited to read along as you go through this experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very proud of your commitment to this adventure with God. I know that you have doubts and questions - be attune to what your body is telling you, especially with your medications. Hunger for God and He can make this an adventure that changes you for a lifetime. I am excited to take this walk with you and God.

    ReplyDelete