Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

My husband Patrick has been fasting the 40 days before Easter for 4 years. His fasting has consisted of juices only, no solids. This year I have decided to join him in a slightly modified fast. I will begin on Wednesday February 17th. I will have juices for breakfast and lunch and throughout my day but have a light dinner/no meat at dinner time. I intend to write about my day, what God is doing and how I am feeling physically, spiritually and mentally. I don't really expect this to be easy but I do expect God to work in it and in me. Through fasting, prayer and desire my intentions for this fast is to grow closer to God and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Hoping I don't get crabby or irritated as can tend to happen during a fast. If I do bear with me, and forgive me when I fall short. Thank you friends and family for supporting in this, it is truly appreciated!

1 comment: