Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 6

At church today Pastor Ivan said many things that really resonated with me but there was one line that hit me most. "If reading brings breath, meditation brings depth." How often do I stop to really meditate on the Word of God? I read my Bible every day but do I really chew on the Word and take it apart? I do my Bible study before driving my bus but do I really meditate on it? I take the easy way most times, never really contemplating what God meant unless it is something that grabs me. Maybe I need to do more meditating and less going through the motions. So tomorrow I will take a portion of the scripture piece I'm reading and do more than just read or "study" it, I will try to meditate on it and see what God has to say.

I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.
Psalm 77:12


Tonight we saw our little granddaughter, Peyton be dedicated. Wow! I thought back to the time of the Israelites, when they brought their sons to the temple to be dedicated to the Lord. Dedicating a child is telling God, "you have given us this child and now we are returning her to you, to do what you wish with her." Think how hard that would be if we didn't totally put faith and trust in God. I love little Peyton so much and God loves her more. "Thanks God for loving that little person so much that you gave your life for her, even before she was conceived you loved her like no other. Thanks for loving me with that same kind of love."

Psalm 139:13-18
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!



As for prayer. I think it has to be the same as yesterday. That I can work on that letter. I think I will try to do it tomorrow evening. Pray that it comes out honoring God even if she balks at it.

1 comment:

  1. Darlene! I love this blog - I am so excited to read. That quote from PI stood out to me too... wow :) Meditation is sooo important, but often overlooked.

    ReplyDelete