Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

day 16

Well...hungry all day which is good because it reminds me of God and the reason why I'm fasting. God asks us to remember Him, every minute of every day.

"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 6:6-7

We are to begin each day with God. With each breath we should remember that our Father has given us life to serve him. Do we talk to our children about the Lord? At home, when we go places, when we lie down and get up? Or do we wait for Sunday and leave it up to our church's to teach them. Are we living out what Deuteronomy 6:6-7 states so that our children see our faith and believe? In other words are we walking the talk?

Please don't think that I am ripping on anyone because this is the question I ask myself, I'm the worst at living up to the truth of the scriptures.

Let's hold each other accountable to this truth. Let us become families that love the Lord so much that when people look at us they see the difference in us and they glorify God because of it.

Father, help me to live like I believe. Help me to have the faith and commitment it takes to live like I love you, like your my best friend rather than a vague acquaintance. Pour out your love on us in these last days, bring revival to this parched and dry land, let us not rest until we rest in you.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

Prayer: For revival, for a strengthening in faith for all of us who claim Jesus as Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment